Sunday, June 5, 2016

still selling well after over half a year

Screen image form the Amazon site
The Messengers has been on sale since December 3rd of 2015, so it's been available for seven months. I need to admit that I check the amazon sales ranking for this book more than I should, it's become a bit obsessive. As of today it was ranked number three in the amazon rankings for kindle UFO books. This is astounding to me. I had no expectations that it would be this popular. Now I fully realize that this is a tiny category and the actual number of books sold is still pretty modest compared to what Steven King might be used to getting, but gee-whiz!

The other two books ahead of this in sales are both discounted prices. Ingo Swann's book was first published in 1998 (with 123 reviews?). Curiously, the books that are usually seen in the top slots are Behold a Pale Horse by William Cooper and Chariots of the Gods by Erich von Däniken.

I've been truly gratified at the sales, as well as the supportive comments and emails I've been receiving. A huge thank you to anyone who has made the effort to dig into this big fat book!

New info added 5:20 PM same day:

Just checked and the owl book is now number TWO on amazon in the UFO category, again behind Ingo Swann's book...
_______________________________________________

1 comment:

gen6tex said...

Congratulations on the success of your book. I caught your awesome interview on MITD last week and thought this would amuse you. As always I fell asleep fairly early in the broadcast and downloaded the file when I awoke to listen to the rest of it. While listening, I checked my email and found an email from a family member. The message was "look at these owls" with a link to some owl photos. The time stamp was 01:23(CST). Not the first time, love those little synchros.